As the festive season rears its head around the last corner of November it’s time to seriously think about what people are getting for Christmas. Whilst we all dream of Aston Martins and luxury holidays it’s out of the budget for most of us, but before you head down the dreaded path that leads to book vouchers and socks perhaps you should think about giving a really personal touch this Christmas.
I’ve been taking a look around some of my favourite food bloggers to see what they recipes they have that would make excellent Christmas gifts. I’m pleased to report that there are some excellent options out there – whether you’re looking for something boozy, sweet treats or even seasonal takes on a classic there will be something for you in this list. But which of the 12 do you want to give the most?
1. Let’s start with a favourite from here at The Usual Saucepans: Mulled Gin!
2. This Gingerbread Biscotti from Foodie Quine will have coffee lovers enthralled
3. Mincemeant Flapjack anyone? Let’s be honest who could resist this treat from Dom at Belleau Kitchen!
4. Love the idea of Sloe Gin but never want a whole bottle? Try this Sloe Cordial from Janice at Farmersgirl Kitchen.
5. The perfect addition to hot chocolate – Mini Gingerbread Houses from The Crafty Larder
6. Lussekatter (or Saffron Buns from St Lucia) make the perfect gift to take to the neighbours and Lavender and Lovage has a mouthwatering recipe!
7. Calmness in the kitchen at this time is essential, and Keep Calm and Fanny On has an excellent Bûche de Noël recipe (which is way better than just to give to the neighbours – unless they’ll share it with you!)
8. Everyone loves Madeleines, they are just way too delicious, so why not get festive with Cranberry and Orange Madeleine from Baking Queen 74?
9. I absolutely love the look of these Peppermint Candy Cane Chocolates from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary – great for adding a little colour and sweetness.
10. Everyone loves shortbread – make this Christmas better with my Cinnamon & Amaretti Shortbread
11. As a last minute gift, these Chocolate Coconut Truffles from Cherished by Me, are perfect!
12. Last, but by no means least, from Tin and Thyme we have the amazing sounding Spicy Gingerbread with Limoncello Icing.
Hopefully that’s given you some ideas of what you can make to give to friends, family and neighbours this Christmas – let me know your favourite or your Christmas recipes. And thanks to all these bloggers for letting me feature their recipes!