This recipe was inspired after I saw a few people making ‘homemade PSLs’ on Instagram. It uses a similar pumpkin spice mix I used in my pumpkin and cinnamon loaf cake last year. To make measurement simpler, I did it in ratios, using one of the cups I intended to serve it in as my measure.
- 4 cups of semi-skimmed milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 cups of strong black coffee
- 4 tbsp of pumpkin purée
- 2 cinnamon sticks (plus more for decorating)
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg (slightly less if you’re grating it fresh)
- 8 cloves
- Whipped cream for decorating (optional)
Put the pumpkin purée in the pan of the slow cooker along with the ground spices. Mix together and then add in the sugar and mix some more.
Pour in the milk and coffee. Whisk gently until the purée mixture is fully mixed in. Add in the cinnamon sticks.
Turn the slow cooker on to high and leave for two hours.
Whisk again, then serve.